Monday 7 March 2011

a pancake day brunch

It's funny, since I became a mama, I do things I never bothered about before. Like advent calendars and celebrating holidays that never really entered my consciousness. Pancake Day for example. A couple of weeks ago I was on the verge of sulky that the little man and I would be alone on Pancake Day and was it really worth making pancakes for just the two of us? Now let me tell you, the pre-mama me was wondering what the hell happened to that crazy shaven head girl with the home tattoos and army boots at that point. But seriously, I have never even thought about making pancakes before, let alone celebrating Pancake Day. But like all food groups, if you call it brunch it is imminently appealing, so we had a Pancake Day brunch (albeit a couple of days early).




I didn't know what went well with pancakes, except sugar, so I Tweeted for toppings and these are the most popular: homemade blueberry syrup, Nutella, strawberry jam, powdered sugar, chopped nuts, lemon juice, cottage cheese (a suggestion from my Hungarian friend, an odd but tasty combination).

Sunday morning brunches are the new it-thing in this household (see our Valentine Brunch here) and now pancakes are definitely on the menu for the foreseeable future. Check back tomorrow for my instant pancake recipe and leave me a note with your favourite topping suggestions!

Blue Skies,
Charlotte xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...