Wednesday 2 February 2011

wrap it - furoshiki style


I've come over all oriental inspired with this week's wrap it since it is Chinese New Years tomorrow.



The red & gold colour scheme are quintessentially Chinese, red being the colour of new year and symbolising happiness... and what could be happier than gifting?

I'll be honest, these are actually Christmas gifts (albeit gifts that never got given at Christmas) and contain little jars of cranberry sauce and chutney - very apt at Xmas, but very difficult to wrap. Which is where the oriental inspiration really comes into it's own (albeit a little South-East of China) in the Japanese art of furoshiki



Now, I appreciate that these are not exactly works of art, and I know they don't do any justice to the Japanese artistry of the real thing and I promise a genuine furo-wrap sometime very soon but for now: I bring you my Japan-inspired tea-towel wrapped Christmas Chinese New Year gifts



... and if you're worried about tying yourself in knots with the real thing check out how evergreen wraps and martha stewart do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...