Saturday 19 February 2011

wrap it in love



I decided to post this valentine-esque wrap it now, nearly a week late, because I have suddenly converted into of those pseudo cynics who claim the reason they don't celebrate valentines is because love should not be consigned to one day and year when in fact, you should spend every day honoring your loved one. Of course I am lying, and like the forgetful lover am trying to make excuses for my lateness. In honesty, I forgot to write this post, so I am bringing it to you now, to show that I love you dear readers, more than just one day a year.


I found this rose print wrapping paper in my favourite little gift shop in Crystal Palace and was instantly caught up in the romance of those swirling scarlet roses. I have never seen 'Casablanca' or 'Gone With the Wind' but this package instantly reminds me of those golden age classics


As you can see, I don't know how to tie a bow-tie, but the man delivering this gift is never without one. By the end of the night those roses have been stashed in a vase, the bow-tie hanging loose around his unbuttoned collar and his lady's lace slip is peeking from under the hem of her conservative length skirt.



If James Bond were a true gentleman he would come armed with a gift like this.
If the Milk Tray man ever thought outside the (chocolate) box he would leave more than a solitary card


If romance could be parcelled up and gifted away, this is how I think it should look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...