Sunday 20 March 2011

from the kitchen - guinness glasses


I'm a little annoyed with myself that I wrote this post, then forgot to publish in time for St Patrick's Day. But to be honest, I threw together these little sweetie 'Guinness' glasses as an afterthought, so I am posting them as an afterthought too. I think they'd be quite cute as Father's Day gifts, perhaps teamed with a batch of Guinness Cupcakes?

I used liquorice sticks for the bottom and mini-marshmallows as froth - it might not be the most obvious paring, but really what does go well with liquorice? As I said, they were an afterthought, which is why they're not in proper Guinness glasses (I seriously considered nicking one from the pub though) and I really wish I'd cut the green ribbon into shamrock shapes (though judging my terrible attempt with these swizzle sticks probably best I didn't).

Anyway, apologies for the afterthought, pop back tomorrow when I'll be sharing some lemon soaked goodness to brighten up your Monday.



Blue Skies,
Charlotte xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...